This light, crispy Watermelon Mint Mocktail is ideal for a summer’s day. With only a few simple ingredients, it is easy and refreshing!
2 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
1 cup ice
¾ cup watermelon juice (see Tip)
1 fresh lemon
½ cup natural sparkling mineral water
1 small slice watermelon (for garnish)
1 strawberry (for garnish)
- Mash mint leaves in the bottom of a large cocktail glass with a small wooden spoon.
- Fill the glass one-third full of ice.
- Add watermelon juice.
- Slice one thin round slice from the lemon and set aside for garnish, then squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon into the glass.
- Top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a watermelon slice, more mint leaves and a strawberry.
To make your own fresh watermelon juice: puree 1½ cups cubed, seedless watermelon in a blender until smooth. Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing with a spoon to release juices. Discard solids. Cover and refrigerate the juice for up to 4 days.