A dairy and gluten free recipe
250 ml Coconut milk
1 heaped tablespoon of freshly grated or ground turmeric
1 tablespoon of freshly grated or ground ginger
1 -2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
Black pepper to grind (this helps with the absorption of the turmeric)
1 teaspoon of coconut oil (this helps with the absorption of the turmeric)
1 teaspoon of raw, 100% natural honey
- Pour milk into a small pot and put on medium heat
- Add all the above ingredients except the coconut oil and honey
- Stir until well combined and let simmer for 10 minutes
- Take the mixture of the stove and stir the coconut oil in
- Strain mixture through a sieve if fresh turmeric and ginger were used
- Lastly stir in the teaspoon of honey once the mixture has cooled down a little.
Enjoy as a comforting hot drink before bedtime!