6 large eggs. Preferably organic, free range.
¼ cup of chopped onion
½ cup of diced tomatoes or red pepper
½ cup chopped baby spinach or broccoli
½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl
- Add remaining ingredients and stir
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Grease 1 muffin pan with coconut or olive oil
- Pour equal amounts of egg mixture into the cups
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Test the center of the muffins to make sure they are cooked through. Let the muffins cool for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and enjoy.
Egg muffins can be served for breakfast with a slice of whole wheat toast or for lunch with a fresh green salad -remember to add some avocado!