1 cup Bulgar Wheat (Way to life)
2 cups boiling water
1 Red/Brown onion, chopped
5 ml coconut oil
250 g button mushrooms, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped in small blocks
250 g spinach, chopped finely
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 yellow pepper, chopped
4 x free-range chicken breasts, cut into small blocks
10 ml coconut oil
15 ml Cape Malay Curry spice
5-10 ml sea salt
Garnish: Chopped herbs such as coriander or parsley
Optional: for a vegetarian dish add Walnut pieces in place of the chicken pieces.
Serve with Full Cream Yogurt sauce (see recipe below)
- Place the Bulgar wheat in a bowl, add the boiling water and let it stand for 30 minutes, yes, no cooking!
- Fry the onions in 5 ml coconut oil and curry spice until transparent, add the carrots and mushrooms. Fry at low heat until cooked.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach and pepper to slightly warm-up, and remove from the heat.
- Heat the coconut oil, add the chicken pieces and salt, fry until golden brown and cooked.
- Mix the Bulgar wheat, vegetables and chicken pieces in a large bowl and serve with fresh herbs and a green salad on the side.
1 cup full cream yogurt
80 ml mayonnaise
5 ml sea salt
3 ml ground black pepper (according to taste)
6. Mix all of the above ingredients together!